Friday, November 23, 2012


The Top Toy List
I’m just sayin’ today is Black Friday and it’s halfway over already. No, I didn't go shopping at midnight last night. Hence I am blogging rather than crashing (or sleeping in like the shoppers that called it an early night morning). I have however looked over the top toy list for Christmas 2012 and here are some things I noticed about it.
There are no toys under $20 dollars on it, unless you plan to buy a single One Direction band member for $19.99. The whole band costs $100. If I picked a solo member for sure my granddaughter would have a new favorite by the time it comes to unwrap it.
There are only two “educational” items and they (Leappad 2 and Tabeo) are priced at $99.99 and 149.99 respectively. My grandkids would probably find each less interesting than playing on their parents’ phones but there it is as far as educational toys go.
Gelarti, a kit for designing and creating 30 personalized peel off stickers (seriously 30 stickers) costs $24.99.
And there is only one item for outdoor use, a Yvolution Fliker F1 Flow Series three wheel scooter, that rides using body power. It costs $99.99 which is a bit pricey compared to some two wheel scooters that can be had for under $20 and also use body power. Consider also that for $30 more you could get an electric scooter, but that basically challenges the reason I think kids need to be outside in the first place.
If all the above fail to inspire, you can always get a Sewer Play Set (with Ninja Turtles) for $129.99 or have a Lalaloopsy Hair Star day for $69.99, I’m just sayin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!