Sunday, November 18, 2012


Missing Children Flyers
In my travels returning to St. Marys via I95 north, which happen fairly frequently, I always stop at the first rest area north of West Palm Beach in Martin County Florida. I stop on my way home for a bathroom break and the reason for the next one, a soda. During my last few stops, as I perused the offerings in the vending machines, I've kept an eye out for the armed security. His vehicle is always there but I have never actually seen him and the little office is always dark. I've had some good news to share with him and on my latest stop last Thursday I didn't see him either. Maybe he was in the men’s room. That was the only place I didn’t look. I did, however, spot a grounds keeper emptying trash cans and pushing a cart of cleaning supplies and tools down the nicely kept walk way. I asked him if he was also in charge of maintaining shadowboxes with the posters of missing children in them. He was, so I happily told him he could take one poster down because the girl featured on it had been found and safely returned to her family back in Camden County Georgia. It was a flyer asking for any information or sightings of Ivy Merck. He seemed a little taken aback at first probably because he wasn't expecting a strange traveler to accost him with good news. Maybe he thought I was coming to tell him about a backed up commode in the women’s restroom when I first approached, but when he heard my news, a smile completely transformed his working face. We commiserated a bit about families and kids and how great it was to know there was a happy ending out there for at least one family. Then I got back on the road north to St. Marys feeling thankful for my family. 

4 comments:

  1. With thousands of children missing around the world and, in particular, in this country, it is always good news to have a happy ending for at least one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...hope it gives the families still missing their loved ones hope.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for reminding me to keep those hurting families in prayer and to count my blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all must remember to do that and when we give thanks for our own as good a time as many.

      Delete

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!