Thursday, November 22, 2012


Happy Stuffing Day!
Which one is it, the stuffed turkey or the turkey (me) that’s stuffed, that’s the reason I feel so sleepy after a big Thanksgiving meal? Maybe I just get bogged down over the cranberries. I read up on L-tryptophan, the stuff in turkey that’s supposed to be the culprit and I found out that it’s in lots of other things that don’t make me sleepy. So there is that. However I also read that L-tryptophan combined with carbs works even better to make produce serotonin (the sleep effect). So maybe that mountain of mashed potatoes I was climbing, or the big slice of chocolate satan satin pie I ate had something to do with my need for a nap. But enough on naps, Grandma’s shouldn't have to rationalize taking them!
I do know I enjoy orchestrating and/or just eating a nice Thanksgiving meal. I am very thankful for family and friends, (who are really my family too), that come together on turkey day to partake, and I’m thankful for the love and fellowship that goes along with all of it. 
The main thing to remember here is that you just need to get off the gravy train, dog, hop on a gravy boat instead, and get over to Grandma’s for a yummy Thanksgiving dinner cooked and served with love and gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!