Sunday, November 4, 2012


Daylight Savings Time
From last night on SKYPE….
[8:13 PM] Jo Mount: I am working on tomorrow's blog. How has your day wound down?
[8:14 PM] A Mount: It is winding down. I'm very glad to have my laundry done and my bike back. It is good to have it done. Don't forget to set your clock back an hour tonite.
[8:15 PM] Jo Mount: Does this mean I get more sleep or am I getting cheated? I need to be at the Wal-Mart by 8 o’clock.
[8:15 PM] A Mount: It means you get more sleep. When you think it’s 8 o’clock, it’s really 7 o’clock.
[8:15 PM] Jo Mount: Sucks. (Obviously I missed the part where he says I get more sleep!)
[8:15 PM] Jo Mount: 4 o’clock for the boys will really be 3 o’clock. (Their weekend visit will be over-always a downer around here.)
[8:16 PM] A Mount: No, 4 o’clock for the boys will be really 5 o’clock. You are falling back an hour not springing ahead.
[8:16 PM] Jo Mount: This concept screws with my head.
[8:17 PM] A Mount: I know it does and would make an interesting blog since Franklin brought it in as a suggestion to give us more daylight time.
[8:17 PM] Jo Mount: So 8 o’clock will really be 9 o’clock?
[8:17 PM] Jo Mount: If I could get it, but it’s like left and right to me. (Yes, I am also directionally challenged.)
[8:18 PM] A Mount: It is 8 o’clock now. The same time tomorrow will be 7 o’clock.
[8:18 PM] Jo Mount: 8 o’clock will be 7 o’clock?
[8:18 PM] Jo Mount: I am sorry. (I figure he is reaching his frustration point here.)
[8:19 PM] A Mount: No problem. It messes with my head too because I have to shift regular time and then shift the other way for zulu time.
[8:19 PM] Jo Mount: This is probably what early onset of Alzheimer's must seem like.
[8:19 PM] A Mount: Must be if I could remember it.
[8:20 PM] Jo Mount: How can 4 o’clock be 5 o’clock and 8 o’clock be 7 o’clock?
[8:20 PM] Jo Mount: 4 to 5 is going up and 8 to 7 is going down?
[8:22 PM] A Mount: It depends on how you look at it. If you look at it after it happens or before it happens. Right now the time is 8 o’clock tomorrow this time will be 7 o’clock. If the boys have to go back at 4 tomorrow, it will actually be 5 o'clock if the clocks didn't change because the clocks got set back an hour.
[8:23 PM] Jo Mount: So basically I am losing and hour?
[8:23 PM] Jo Mount: or gaining an hour?
[8:23 PM] A Mount: You are gaining an hour because time is moving backward one hour.
[8:24 PM] Jo Mount: Ok. It doesn't suck then,
[8:24 PM] Arnold Mount: At 2 a.m. the clock goes back to 1.
[8:24 PM] Jo Mount: I guess. See why I can’t blog about this!
[8:25 PM] Jo Mount: I should be able to get it!
[8:25 PM] A Mount: You'll get it. If you don't change your clocks tonite, just look at your phone in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. Obviously, it's about time, not the sands of time (that would go against the grain), we had a timely article. Especially one that seems to surprise the "daylights" out of us and makes a difference between yours and hours. Thanks for the reminder. I will clean up the remnants of confusion with my sweeping second hand; just give me a sec.

    ReplyDelete
  2. times up on this blog.....or is it...

    ReplyDelete

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!