Tuesday, November 20, 2012


Hanky Panky on Andros
I know this is the time of the year when I should be thinking turkey but now that I am back in St. Marys I find myself hankerin’ for something else. The cold weather and overcast skies haven’t helped either. Back in the Bahamas I’d heard tell that the best peas and rice on Andros could be found at Hank’s Place in Fresh Creek. After sampling them there I had to agree. I also enjoyed the lobster tails painted with melted butter as they were grilled to perfection by Hank himself out on the deck at his Green Eyed Lady Bar. Looking out over the calm waters of Fresh Creek with good friends and conversation made the experience even more enjoyable. Hank’s grouper fingers were also a delectable treat. Hank’s Place is a favorite hangout for locals, tourists, and AUTECnics and one of my favorite local destinations whenever I visit. Nowhere else can you get Hank’s signature drink, the Hanky Panky and as Hank says, “If your still standing it wasn't a Hanky Panky!” If you have too much you can stay overnight in one of their guestrooms. I had the Hanky without the Panky and it was refreshing too. That’s how I managed to still be standing at the end of the evening. I also enjoyed meeting Eva and being regaled with tales of life in the Bahamas by Hank himself. He is a delightful, insightful story teller. Even though I will be eating turkey instead of lobster this week I will always be thankful.

4 comments:

  1. There's a lot to be thankful for these days. I'm thankful for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A virgin Hanky Panky? Cry me a river!
    (I'm thankful for our friendship of many years....)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any hanky panky is good these days, my friend!

      Delete

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!