Saturday, November 24, 2012


Holiday Pi
No, today isn't March 14, but I can no more resist a chance to write about Pi any more than I can resist the chance to eat pumpkin pie (or any of the delicious holiday pies so popular at this time of year)! Speaking of which I discovered this morning (yes, I was thinking Pi for breakfast) there is sadly no more Pi left from Thanksgiving in our refrigerator. I guess I was not the only one thinking Pi around here. I actually made ham and cheese pot pies and turkey pot pies yesterday with the last of the ham and turkey leftovers. They are nicely tucked into the freezer for future noshing, but this morning when I was thinking Pi, I was thinking sweet thoughts with whipped cream from the can on top!
At least, this morning anyway, I won’t have to worry about Pi adding to my circumference. And with Christmas coming soon I know there will be more Pi in the near future. I guess I should be thinking about walking off the effects my most recent love affair with Pi before Christmas.  
Then there's the Fibonacci sequence to consider....eating one slice of Pi (1) can increase to eating another (1). That makes two (2) so far and if you slice them small enough you can get a taste of all three on a dessert plate (3) for a total of five (5). And that’s just the start, who knows what can happen after a good stomach settling nap! All I can be sure of is if I keep with the Fibonacci sequence I will infinitely increase my calories which will only lead to exponential increases to my waist line which is already pretty substantial! But we do love some Pi and around here try never let it go to waist.
Wait a minute! What about the piece of Pi I hid behind the leftover stuffing! I guess since Pi is an irrational number and I love pie, infinitely, there is just no way to excuse (or rationalize) my behavior (Pi for breakfast-Yay!) today!

2 comments:

  1. thank goodness are Pi isnint baked on the rule of "the Golden rectangle" um can you slice mine 1.618

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang Skippy...You made me google it(kinda like you made me look, you made me look..)and I will definitely make your slice 1.618 :)

      Delete

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!