Thursday, November 15, 2012


Charge (your cell phone) Where?
No (if you only read the first word of the title of this post) I am not blogging about Christmas shopping, Thanksgiving hasn't yet passed! And yes, if you know me, you know I have a solar cell on the back cover of my cell phone, which by the way I don’t have service for here on Andros, so this blog is not about my own cell phone either. This time I saw an article about a homeless man who was arrested in Sarasota, Florida for “Theft of Utilities” because he was caught charging his cell phone in a public park, apparently a misdemeanor. The arresting officer, who decided not to “miss” this opportunity to be “the meaner” person stated afterwards the “theft of city utilities will not be tolerated during this bad economy.” The homeless man spent the night in jail with no money to bail him out and was released the following day when a judge threw the case out. I was surprised that they didn't take him before the bench for using a bench. Before you know it, we’ll have to pay for seating in the public parks too. The officer should be arrested for using up his “charge” in such a frivolous manner. It would appear the cop on his beat missed a beat with this outlandish charge. My advice for the homeless man the next time his phone charge is low, is to charge on into a local McDonald's and recharge his phone there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!