Saturday, February 23, 2013


Unplugged Update
Last month I went on a little rant about my electric bill going up to 83 dollars and change and how I planned to bring it back down by unplugging my house. Some of the things I did included unscrewing 3 out of 4 lights in each ceiling fan, policing my grandchildren to enforce unplugging phone and electronic chargers not in use, and unplugging the toaster, microwave, and coffee pot when not in use. Basically I unplugged everything but the refrigerator, electric stove, and other major appliances-washer, dryer, and small chest freezer etc. Here is my shocking revelation: My electric bill was down $21.50 this time! This month’s bill was the lowest it’s been in the last 4 months. One other thing I unplugged was my alarm clock and I haven’t missed it one bit either.
I was so excited about these savings that I decided to take my $21.50 to WalMart and invest it in the purchase of two $10 rabbit ear antennas for our two televisions (flat screens). They work really well for all the local channels and it turns out that the picture is even better than the one I was getting with the dish. So, yep, I ditched the dish (and the cable bill) for even better monthly savings. How’s that for an un-electrifying update?

1 comment:

  1. What a shocking revelation! Sounds like your methods are well grounded and you were able to overcome the resistance of leaving things plugged in. That resulted in a savings at Ohm, Sweet Ohm! It is good that people have the capacitance for doing better things for themselves and not coming up short. Congratulations! We'll see watt's up in the future!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!