Tuesday, February 12, 2013


Little Free Library Update

St. Marys now has a Little Free Library! Tools and I are not compatible so I had to think outside the proverbial box to come up with a plan for a Little Free Library. Thanks go to many including the Camden County Tribune & Georgian for donating two no longer needed newspaper boxes. The first one has been repurposed into the Little Free Library shown in these photos. This project couldn't have come together without the help of Addison, Jim, Greg, and Chris, who helped move the box, fix the handle, and create a stable shelf on the inside for the books. I cleaned, painted, and duct taped (the easy part), and I want to also thank my grandkids also for donating a bunch books. Soon you should be able to find St. Marys’ Little Free Library (#5024) on the world map at littlefreelibrary.org where sharing books is always a gift never for sale. In St. Marys you can now visit the Little Free Library and take a book and return a book at Colerain Oaks (beside the mailboxes).
What follows is the last line in the letter I received from Little Free Library.org after I registered St. Marys first Little Free Library- It has been said again and again, you can't build just one! Will we soon see another? The answer is yes, because I have one more newspaper box to repurpose and I will post another update when it is finished and has found a home in our community.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!