Tuesday, February 19, 2013


No Nightlight Needed
I was going to title this blog post-The Perils of Crocheting in Bed, because along with several other hobbies, I also enjoy crocheting. I don’t usually crochet in bed but when I am in the Bahamas with my husband I occasionally find myself doing just that after a day of walking on the beach, doing ceramics, reading, and enjoying the beautiful weather. His place is like a studio/motel efficiency type unit, cozy, and he usually has dibs on the recliner if we watch TV in the evening, and I am left to plump up all the pillows and crochet in bed (the other best positioned place for watching the TV). I just leave my bag of yarns on the floor beside the bed and before I turn out the light put whatever project (diaper covers with matching bunny hats) I am working on the nightstand before turning out the light for the night. Until last night this was working fine for me, but last night when I got up for a potty break, I felt myself entangled in yarn. I freed myself as best I could in the dark, as I didn’t want to turn on the light and wake my husband. I slipped off my side of the bed and took the straight shot over to the bathroom. Just as I was beginning to feel relief, I spotted a line of yarn running from my ankle back to the bed. Needless to say, I didn’t get lost on my way back. I was happy to find in the morning that I hadn't unraveled the last bunny ear either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!