Sunday, February 24, 2013


Dog Parking in St. Marys
At Tommy Casey Memorial Dog Park in St. Marys the trees aren't the only things with bark and there are lots of trees. The park is named after a child who loved dogs and loved to see them run free. Dedicated in his memory, TCMDP is just such a place. The park is a completely fenced spacious mix of shade and sun with lots of room for dogs to run. There are benches for human visitors (and a picnic table), an obstacle course (doggie playground), a water spigot (next time I am bringing a collapsible bowl), trash cans and bags for the necessary clean up, and did I mention trees? There are more trees than my dog Fred, with what I thought was an unlimited bladder, could water but I must admit he gave it a valiant effort. Fred and his friend Lulu and other pack members Joey and Holly had a great time at TCMDP. I did too. Fred surprised me with his ability and agility on the course equipment. The even bigger shocker was that he actually came when I called him. That never happens when he sneaks past the front door at our house for a jaunt through our neighborhood. TCMDP is located at the dead end of Ashley Street (the Dilworth side) adjacent to the old St. Marys pool and the ball fields. The park rules are clearly posted at the entrance. I know I will be visiting often with my four legged pals and I hope that more people will discover it too, for the happiness of their companions. St. Marys has been my home for many years and it has grown and changed a lot over time. Having this beautiful dog park lets everyone know we are a pet friendly town in addition to being great place for families. I mentioned it to a friend that’s lived here most of her life and she didn’t know we had a dog park. I guess what I’m trying to say is you won’t be barking up the wrong tree if you spread the word about TCMDP. Fred doesn't want it to be St. Marys best kept secret anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!