Wednesday, February 27, 2013


Snipe Signs
When the words, snipe signs, caught my eye my first thought was, Dang, those birds really are real and maybe snipe signs are what they keep leaving on my car when I don’t return the cart to the proper place in the Wal Mart parking lot! Here I always thought they were either figments of overly enthusiastic Boy Scout types’ imaginations or supposedly living at the beach or in campgrounds or something. Then I read on to find out that snipe signs are actually those little advertising signs on wires stuck in the ground, often in the grassy median or on or near the shoulder of the road. The other thing about snipe signs is that they are illegal, and this includes improperly placed political snipe signs.
I was thinking at this point about doing a little political sniping myself, considering the looming ominous cloud of sequestration creeping over us, but figure I can save that for another blog. I also gave a brief thought about to Dangle, Snipe, and Celly and decided against using that here too.
 Most snipe signs are little distractors just trying to get the name of a company or candidate in front of you as you drive along. Other signage considered snipe are yard sale signs, lost cat or dog signs, and most signs, handmade and handwritten or manufactured and printed on plastic, vinyl, metal, cardboard or wood, attached to poles along the roadside or at busy intersections. I'm not sure about how helpful they are as advertising goes either, but as soon as I call this number and “Get Cash!” I’m gonna call and spend it to “Lose Weight!” then head on over to the “Wee Pub-Military Discount Wednesdays” and celebrate! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!