Thursday, February 14, 2013


Beware of Strange Law (Especially on Valentine’s Day!)
The photo of the saggy pants with an inch or two of boxers showing caught my eye as it scrolled across the top of MSN. The second time through I noticed the headline 10 strange laws from across the United States and I immediately thought about how “sagging” was outlawed in Brunswick, GA (just north of St. Marys). When I clicked on the video I was surprised to find that in Flint, Michigan you face a $500 fine and jail time for the very same thing. It seems saggy pants have touched a raw nerve (along with exposing undies) in other places too.
I watched the rest of the 10, and the strange law that seemed most fitting for Valentine’s Day was a law aimed at men that protects previously chaste women from being seduced. Tricking a lady into falling in love is outlawed in Mississippi. I imagine expecting a disclaimer every time you hear a pick up line like, I'm sorry I didn't get you a box of chocolates for Valentine's Day, but if you want something sweet I'm right here. You’re probably thinking that line is too cheesy to require a disclaimer and, I, (a less than chaste woman) would have to agree, but there is still that law, so on Valentine’s Day in Mississippi beware. 
By the way, Happy Valentine’s Day…and avoid wrestling bears in Alabama too (no, that doesn't include teddy bears!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!