Saturday, November 9, 2013

Weathering the DUI

When you see an all too familiar face in the local mug shots for DUI, well it’s disappointing yet human, I guess. And in looking at the mug shots each week on FCN’s (my local news favorite) website, I sometimes subscribe my own ideas to their expressions. The knitted eyebrows on one young woman made me think she was worrying what her dad would say when he found out. Others give an arrogant glare that might if it was allowed be accompanied by a one finger salute. And then you have my favorite meteorologist and eternal surfer boy, Tim Deegan, he just looks resigned to fate in his DUI shot. Maybe that’s because he’s had a lot of experience in front of the cameras, albeit not in an orange jailhouse suit. He looks head on at the camera, at least there is that. I’m glad he got stopped before hurting anyone else while driving under the influence. Despite the fact that he didn’t injure his car or any telephone poles, he did manage to hurt himself, at least his image. I haven’t seen him on the news in his usual weather segment and I miss him. I hope his boss there can be as forgiving as I am because no matter how knowledgeable he may be about the science of meteorology he’s only human and he’s still my favorite weather guy.

1 comment:

  1. We can only hope he can "weather" this storm which obviously for him is about as big as the storm that just hit the Philippines.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!