Friday, November 1, 2013

Islands Considered Nearly Heaven on Earth

The top ten were featured in an MSN headline from Conde Nast Traveler’s 2013 Readers’ Choice Awards. Some of the islands named were ones I considered no brainers and some were islands I have visited so I (even though not among the surveyed) heartily agree with them as choices. Maui, one of several Hawaiian Islands topped the list, and Sea Island, located in my home state, Georgia, was on the list too. There was one island on the Conde Nast Travelers list that I was not familiar with, the island of Moorea. It is a heart shaped island and honeymoon destination adjacent to Tahiti. According to the voters it has great restaurants and lush tropical beauty with a French flair. I also found that it is surrounded by barrier reefs which must make for great snorkeling and diving. Of course the top ten didn’t include the island I am heading toward soon, but that’s okay because it ranks highly among my personal favorites since it is the current home of my husband and many friends. Before the necessity of passports for travel there all my children visited and some very good memories were made there, on Andros Island in the Bahamas. None of the Bahamas’ Islands made the Conde Nast Traveler list, but not for their lack of nearly heavenly beaches, I figure. The islands listed were more about tourist amenities than the blessings of natural beauty, fishing abundance, and family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!