Tuesday, November 26, 2013

I’m Thankful

Two more busy days until Thanksgiving and then the holidays will really be upon us. To me it feels like the rush has begun early like Black Friday coming a day early this year. So before I start peeling the potatoes I’m taking some time to reflect on the things I am thankful for, including the potatoes and the rest of the things that nourish our families physically, not just on turkey day, but all year long. I am also thankful for grandchildren because they create their own special niches in the hearts of their grandparents. Ours are growing up and I marvel at the way they impact this world and how well they have made it their own. Somehow they are managing to navigate through the same stages as their parents, yet in much more interesting and, unlike their parents (my adult children), less exasperating ways. It’s interesting to watch their parents now too and how everything that comes around goes around again. Though I once warned that they would deserve to have kids that were just like them and I meant put them through the things that made me want to pull my hair out, I am thankful to see that their kids, my grandkids, are growing up resilient with the best of their parents’ character reflected in their personalities. I am thankful. 

1 comment:

  1. You rock!! I "marble" at all the things you do for other and yet they take you for "granite!" I can't make a "boulder" statement. I'm very, very thankful for you!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!