Monday, November 25, 2013

Thanksgiving Favorites, Mon Petit Chou!

So this morning I was looking at the What do you think? survey on MSN where readers vote, or like me, skip to the results. Today’s question asked what is your favorite part of the Thanksgiving meal and the choices included, turkey, stuffing, bread or rolls, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, macaroni and cheese, Brussels sprouts, and pie. Two things on the list were requested by two of my grandkids, mashed potatoes and green bean casserole, and my sister offered to bring another, sweet potatoes. My favorite would be the Brussels sprouts or as my husband and I like to call them, mon petit chou, my favorite French term of endearment roughly translated to mean my little cabbage head, unlike my husband’s favorite French term, soup du jour, Pierre, (soup of the day). But back to the survey, I skipped to the results and after fully expecting macaroni and cheese to be the favorite was surprised to find that the stuffing had the highest percentage of votes. Not surprisingly, Brussels sprouts didn’t have enough votes to garner a single percentage point but that’s okay, mon petit chou, you are still my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!