Sunday, November 17, 2013

Huh? A Universal Word Found in Almost Every Language?

There is a word found in almost every language and it isn't mama or dada, baby’s first words. It isn't baby’s later words, like no or mine either, but those were also my guesses. Next I figured it might be a word that expresses great emotion, like love or its antithesis, hate, but those aren't right either. With Thanksgiving on my mind I next guessed yum. I am also writing this before a meal, any meal yet yum is still wrong even if my tummy disagrees. Yawns don’t have a word, so that’s not it. Yes, I just yawned and my stomach growled for emphasis but if I had a buzzer it would sound to let you know that yawns and stomach noises are not the universally understood and uttered word. I know hola and hello are close but definitely not the same so it isn't a word of greeting and besides Spanish and English are just two languages. This universal word found in almost every language is used in a lot more than just two languages. Huh? Give up yet? I did. The universal word is huh, (Duh!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!