Tuesday, January 22, 2013


Zeppoli
For my birthday this year I indulged with a deliciously sweet Italian dessert, Zeppoli. If you've never tried them, at the Olive Garden they are small squares of fried dough (like tiny doughnuts without the holes) coated in powdered sugar with raspberry jam or chocolate sauce for dipping. My husband and I shared an order of them after enjoying a birthday dinner out together. This time we had them with the chocolate dipping sauce instead of the raspberry jam and that made the Zeppoli sweetly decadent.
The time before that, also the first time I’d eaten Zeppoli, was at Joseph’s on 17. Our team won them on trivia night and that made them taste even sweeter. The Zeppoli at Joseph’s were smaller but there were more of them, enough for our whole trivia team to share with raspberry jam for dipping. They were the perfect complement to the pizza we’d enjoyed before the trivia began.
My most recent Zeppoli adventure took place at Ops in St. Marys for my sister’s birthday and they are delicious there too. There is no reason to miss out on the opportunity to enjoy Zeppoli if you live in St. Marys because you don’t even have to travel out of town for them. There’s really only one more place I want to try them out at, my house. My sister is the baker in our family but one of these days I plan to give her a break and try making some Zeppoli myself for dessert. I’ll keep you posted on how they come out when I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!