Saturday, January 19, 2013


1-19-13
Flu Survival Kit
I hope to get through this flu season without actually getting the flu. I have seen people out and about wearing surgical masks and it does have me a little paranoid. If I find myself needing a flu survival kit, here is what I am putting in it, just in case.
  • ·         Cash for Dominos because they’ll deliver, keep the grandkids fed, cleanup is easy, and they don’t take checks.
  • ·         My Mom’s old electric mattress cover (goes on top of the mattress, under the sheet) that has an adjustable thermostat and works like a giant (for aching all over) heating pad.
  • ·         Butterscotch Schnapps and hot chocolate (K-cups for the Keurig) and marshmallows in case this body needs a toddy.
  • ·         Some books to pass the time when I am not sleeping or whining.
  • ·         Ibuprofen, saltines, and chicken soup from the can (comfort and nostalgia combined).
  • ·         Fuzzy socks for my feet and my fuzzy bathrobe with pockets, one for tissues and the other for my phone.
  • ·         Ginger ale.

The one two things I don’t want is anything that smells like eucalyptus or tastes like menthol, as in cough drops or lozenges. What would you put in your flu survival kit?  

1 comment:

  1. Popsicle, jello...tv remote, a dog to snuggle me when everybody else has to work ....

    ReplyDelete

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!