Friday, January 11, 2013


My First Random Act
I am happy to report that I was able to complete my first random act of kindness for 2013! If you read one of my previous blogs you might know I’m committed to completing 92 random acts of kindness in 2013. I went to the Driver’s License building in Kingsland to renew my DL and was luckily able to park right in front because the space next to the handicapped space was available. Then a car pulled into the handicapped spot right next to me. I got out of my car and came around both vehicles. There was a man opening the back door of his car where I could see he had a foldable walker and cane. Of course I got both items out and complimented him on how cool I thought the walker was because it had a fold out seat and a pocket complete with a drink and a snack. I found out he was a World War II veteran and he definitely looked very squared away. I didn’t get his name but he said he was nervous about renewing his driver’s license because he was 91 years old. I am sure that was exactly what his DL would reveal but I told him in my eyes he did not look his age and I meant it sincerely. As he started moving his age became more obvious. After going through the lines we met back in the parking lot where I returned the cane and walker to the back seat of the car. I found out my new friend was successful in renewing his DL. I had to settle for a temporary until I gather and return with proof of my social security number and residence (two separate documents for proof of residence alone). I also found out my new friend lives in his own house and he has two daughters that keep him in Omaha Steaks, which he thoroughly enjoys. Despite his age and war related aches and pains he was eager for a hug before we went our separate ways. And though once again when we were leaving I didn't think to ask his name, his age is the exact number of random acts of kindness remaining for me for 2013. A portent of good, for sure, I think. 

2 comments:

  1. this is a great post so glad your random acting out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo, you perform 91 random acts of kindness in a week!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!