Tuesday, January 1, 2013


Polar Plunge
Going outside fully dressed on a cold day is enough of a polar plunge for me. Jumping in the springs at Ichetucknee in the summer took my breath away so jumping into the Atlantic (or any outside, cold body of water) on New Year’s Day seems like insanity to me. The Polar Plungers have been growing in numbers and New Year’s Day is the day when these events often occur, however, there are groups of people that take the plunge every weekend throughout the seasons, including the colder ones and they do this for their health. I like many others plan to resolve to get healthier in 2013, but I am just not convinced that the Polar Plunge is the way for me to begin.
I do think being active outdoors is the best way to get healthier in 2013. As a child growing up in Chicago, I loved being outdoors in all kinds of weather and for 2013, I look forward to spending time outside walking, bike riding, gardening, and enjoying nature once again. Maybe if my resolutions are a little more general this coming year they will be harder to discard. In years past it seems like I have made resolutions that in retrospect I was bound to break. So this year I am focusing on outdoor activity and hope the benefits of better health will result. Look out because I expect to be plunging out my door for the New Year!
*Blogger’s Note: My first official book signing is Saturday, Jan. 5 from 1-3 pm at the Camden Public Library (across from the Winn Dixie). You are invited to drop in and help celebrate this first with me!
-Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!