Saturday, January 5, 2013


An “Unofficial” Thank You

Today is my first “official” book signing event so I thought I would blog about my “unofficial” events and post some pictures of my “unofficial” signing at this year’s craft fair on Andros in the Bahamas. The Bahamas wasn't my first “unofficial” event, the rainy Rock Shrimp Festival in St. Mary’s was and not one person even so much as looked at my book. The experience made me feel like quoting a song, “Mama said there’d be days like this,” but anyone who knows me knows I’m not easily discouraged. That day I wore a pendant made from the very first piece of sea glass I had found for luck. I wore it again in the Bahamas and this time, along with several books, I sold 40 pendants I’d crafted from shell pieces I’d found the day I found the sea glass. Although I love crocheting, creating jewelry, painting, ceramics, and all kinds of crafts, writing is my number one craft and I plan to keep improving on it and if you are reading this blog I thank you for your support. If you are reading my words I am a successful writer because ultimately writers write in hopes of enticing others to read their words, so thank you. And I will be wearing my lucky sea glass today from 1-3 pm at the Camden County Library in case you get a chance to stop by. Come celebrate with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!