Monday, January 7, 2013


Wham, I mean WAHM!
Two words today, guanidin and wham, I mean WAHM.
First guanidin (that this computer wants to auto correct by adding an e) is a word that was played against me in a recent game of Words with friends (that I am trying not to lose by over a hundred points, yes, it’s that bad, but at least I am learning a new word). Guanidin is a crystalline compound of strong alkalinity formed by the oxidation of guanine. It is used in the manufacture of plastics and explosives. It is found in urine as a normal product of protein metabolism. I am not sure I want to know how you knew this word, Josh, but you can believe if I get the letters for it I’ll use it myself. My loser user name is jmount1952 for anyone else that would like to take me on in a game. For Josh there will be an automatic rematch.
Wham is the next word I keep googling and it means to strike something forcefully, or the sound of such a blow; a thud. Maybe you can hear the definition (use your imagination) as I smack the heel of my hand against my forehead. I knew the meaning of this word but I googled it more than once despite that (total lack of confidence on my part) because I kept seeing references to it on Face Book and the definition didn’t fit the context. Duh! This time the auto correct was coming from my own brain. The word I was actually looking at was WAHM and it stands for Work At Home Moms. These Moms really have it going on too. They have an online forum, eStores, and a WAHM business directory. There is even an Empowering Wahms page on Face Book and 83 people are talking about it. I must admit here that Wahms isn’t exactly a word …yet. It’s an acronym but with so many users I think it has the potential to become a word, like scuba (self-contained underwater breathing apparatus) and for the record, when it does I’m going to use it when I get a chance in Words with friends too.
*Blogger’s Note: Many thanks to all who stopped out at my first “official” book signing. I appreciate your support and it was nice seeing so many friends.
Thanks-Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!