Saturday, January 18, 2014

Writer Goes Missing
In the news there has been a report of a journalist who went missing a while back. He is a reporter and his family said he just went for a walk and never returned. His family lives in a snowy place but one of his credit cards surfaced in Mexico.
As I write this, I can’t believe how many times I have had to push the back space button to change this to present tense. Perhaps it’s a reflection on how much I hope they find him alive, not killed for some story he was about to break or for his credit cards.
His story (I've been following it) is finally out of the news feed but without a positive resolution. They haven’t found him dead, alive, or anywhere in between (like Mexico). The sad thing I am considering is just how many people go missing every day and how many missing persons’ cases remain unresolved for years. I hope the writer is found and safely returned to his family.

And on another note, if you should read in the news about a writer/hat crochet-er that suddenly goes missing…well, I hope I am found safe and happy on an adventure in a warmer place with lots of new friends (wearing funny hats) and new things to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!