Friday, January 17, 2014

No Shots Fired Day

In honor of Martin Luther King Jr.’s commitment to nonviolence there is a No Shots Fired Day campaign going on. I didn’t realize that Monday was the holiday (I am so lost since I have no school calendar to live by these days) until I read on Face Book how kids were excited and happy for the long weekend ahead. Then I saw an article about the No Shots Fired campaign going on in the Atlanta, GA area and I put it all together. If you change your profile photo to the No Shots Fired logo you can win tickets to a game in Atlanta too. That is a nice incentive and a good way to get people interested in MLKJr.’s story. A lot of senseless shots have been and continue to be fired these days, like at the movies in Florida over someone using a cell phone during the movie, or the middle school kid who brought a shotgun and 3 shells to school. Now two other children are hurt and the whole community along with them. And I tire of the Stand Your Ground arguments and all the reasons people need to stand their ground in the first place. It’s time for a No Shots Fired Day. I hope it catches on. I support it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!