Friday, January 3, 2014

The Ability to Fall Asleep Anywhere
So Mike Ditka fell asleep on live TV, lucky guy I think and not so unheard of at the age of 74. Here is where I wonder when Mike Ditka got so old…and then I wonder when I got so old too and why I don’t have the ability to fall asleep anywhere. Regardless, I can relate some stories about the ability to fall asleep anywhere.
Once I heard strange noises coming from my kitchen. When I went to investigate sure enough, I found my husband barking like a dog on the phone. Even for him this was strange behavior and here is how it relates to the ability to fall asleep anywhere, his Dad had fallen asleep while talking (listening more likely) on the phone with my husband who thought if he barked loud and long enough he could get Poppa’s dog, Low Down, to bark and that would wake his Dad so he could at least hang up the phone.
Another example of the ability to fall asleep anywhere happened when I was teaching kindergarten years ago. It was circle time on the first day of school and I was singing the days of the week when one little guy just fell out fast asleep right there on the rug in the front of my classroom. The Principal was making the rounds and saw it too. Later he called me into his office and lots of things were going through my mind, including the fact that I can’t carry a tune in a bucket, but all he mentioned was that my singing little people to sleep might have been a useful skill in another kindergarten classroom that had a couple of criers.

So as for Mike Ditka, besides the fact that he will never have to suffer through my rendition of the days of the week, can just hold his head up (or not if he chooses to snooze) because I envy his ability to fall asleep anywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!