Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Body Parts You Don’t Need

I watched a video of 10 parts we don’t need on MSN. It’s interesting that we have so many body parts becoming obsolete. Wisdom teeth I read are useless since human jawbones have evolved to be smaller and nowadays some people don’t even develop them. I wish that was the case for me as I clearly recall a Navy dentist who called himself Wild Bill wrangling a couple of mine out when we first moved to Kings Bay and active duty military dependents got dental work done in the base dental clinic. Two other unneeded parts that gave me pause were body hair (except for eyebrows which keep sweat out of the eyes) and nipples on males. Apparently nipples form before gender is determined in utero and that is why we all have them. The rare male lactation was mentioned but I am not sure I really want a mental image of that so let’s consider body hair. There would be quite a bit of economic impact felt if we suddenly all went hairless. I’m thinking of all those laser hair removal franchises, waxing places, salons, barber shops, and spas, and the plethora of shaving necessities that take up entire aisles in various stores. And what would we do without the hair on top of our heads? Would people with blond eyebrows have more fun? I guess I really need to think the hairless thing through (think hairless cats and Chihuahuas, not that cute if you ask me). They did feature a still shot of a man with a very hairy back in the video. I could have gone without seeing that and nose hairs (those sometimes protruding nasty booger catchers) were not mentioned either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!