Friday, May 31, 2013

Updates on Wireless Utility Meters, and My Unplugged House, and Severe Weather
Wireless utility meters, the ones that save the power company money and send their radiation through our homes that I blogged about last month, are now helping tech savvy burglars know when your house is empty (ripe for burglarizing) because they've been intercepting wireless signals and noticing that when a home is empty the power usage drops to near zero. This is just one more reason wireless utility meters have a negative impact when used in our communities.
Unplugging things in my house has really made an impact on my power bill. The last bill was down to an amazing new low of $34. 14. This is partly due to the fact that I am out of the house on my travels for a good part of each month (as anyone intercepting the wireless signals coming from my house could easily deduce) and the other part has to do with the unseasonably cool and breezy nights that have allowed me to keep the inside temp in the 70s without the A/C. I know this won’t last much longer. I really figured the bill before this one was going to be my all-time low but the latest was a pleasant surprise. I do plan to update with the bad news when I get my dog days of summer electric bill and I figure you can imagine in advance the look I’ll have on my face when I open that bill.

Last month I also blogged a plea to readers to get connected to some kind of severe warning system, like Camden County’s Code Red. With the news of powerful storms that are still wreaking havoc over tornado alley and the beginning of hurricane season (remember last year’s season ender-Hurricane Sandy), I hope everyone will take time to organize a survival plan, gather supplies, and get connected to an early warning system. I was recently reading an article about scientific evidence that concurs with the obvious; the weather is becoming more extreme, so now is the time to be thinking about being pre-warned and prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!