Friday, May 17, 2013


Things I've Missed
My kitchen is tiny. If I could change one room in my house this would be the room. Today it is only crowded with the memory of my husband making breakfast for me as we do a complicated dance in an effort to stay out from under one another’s feet, working together in such a small space. All that changes tomorrow. He has a tendency to leave the cabinet doors open and I have a tendency toward bumping my head on the open cabinet doors.
My house has three bathrooms. The one attached to my bedroom has my husband’s throne, his so called adult-sized commode. The other two have squatty potties. I don’t close the door because the morning daylight coming from the solar tube (sky light) wakes me gently. I gave up my alarm clock last summer and I haven’t missed it. My husband is the cabinet door opener and bathroom door closer.
My bedroom has a high mahogany sleigh bed with the same mattress as the ones in the Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco, super comfy. I have a step on my side to facilitate getting in each night and out each morning. My husband is a cover stealer but I haven’t had to fight for the covers in quite some time. When I throw my arm over to his side of the bed lately I find myself hugging my folded laundry. When I mentioned to him on SKYPE last night that I was going to be busy clearing my clothes off his side of the bed before he came home today, he told me not to worry, he would sleep on my side with me. The easier to steal the covers, I figured.
Bumping my head on open cabinet doors, sleeping well past dawn, with my husband rather than my laundry, these are things I have missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!