Sunday, May 19, 2013


Dell Homes Splash Park-Jo Likes It!
The last time I was in St. Petersburg, FL, I met an interesting fellow blogger named Jenn. She told me about her blog, Jenn Likes It, while we were volunteering at the Stellie Bellies store on Fourth Street. The Stellie Bellies crew was coordinating an epic, smokin’ hot parking lot sale because the store suffered extensive smoke damage from a fire in an adjacent store. Anyway, Jenn blogs about family friendly venues and events in the St. Pete area, so I figured, along with giving a nod to Jenn’s blog, I’d create my own little spin off and let my readers know about one of my favorite places in St. Pete, Dell Homes Spray Park.
Dell Holmes Park is located at 2441 22nd St S in St. Petersburg, FL, on the shores of beautiful Lake Maggiore. If you’re looking for some free outdoor family fun it’s the place to go. The park has a pier for year round fishing in the lake, picnic shelters with grills, a golf course, and a very fun splash pad-park that was added in 2009. The park is open May 1 thru October 31st, 7 days a week from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. and was recently (yesterday) the scene of my grandson Jude’s 5th birthday celebration where wet, wild fun time was had by all. The splash pad accommodates up to 70 kids so there is plenty of room for everyone to have fun. And best of all…Jo Likes It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!