Thursday, May 30, 2013

Crab and Coconut Updates
Last October I blogged about the land crabs that inhabit Andros and after two solid days of seasonal downpours here I am happy to announce that they are once again coming out of their burrows and just in the nick of time for the upcoming Crab Fest of which they are the delectable guests of honor. The town of Fresh Creek has a nice statue of the festival’s honoree in the center of the town’s roundabout to welcome guests and residents all year round.
Last October I also blogged about a coconut that had sprouted in front of my husband’s abode and I am happy to provide you with this update on its progress. I have transplanted it into yet another larger pot and the leaves of its newest frond reach nearly my height. Another coconut sprouted and now resides in the pot in which the first one was originally planted. In addition to the two coconut palms we have added a small potted lime tree so eventually we can put de lime in de coconut and so on. All seem content about the torrential rain we've had here during the last two days of my most recent visit.

And about all this rain, I hope the plane to West Palm Beach today won’t need pontoons!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!