Saturday, October 27, 2012


Baby, Whale Sex Revealed!
Not another sex tape! was the first thought that came to my mind when I saw this headline on MSN. Haven’t there been enough of revelations about celebrity sex tapes in the news, not to mention the teen trend phone sexting! Then my eyes jumped to another headline about the growing obesity problem in our country and I made the leap to, What if that’s what they’re talking about! Isn't it enough to have “whale” sex going on in the privacy of these problem people’s homes…Why would they want to reveal that?(Even if they are having a whale of a good time.)
But wait…Was that comma after Baby just a smudge on my computer screen? It was! So then I started wondering if the hormones from chickens had gotten into the ocean and caused baby whales to reach early puberty. Baby Whale Sex Revealed! Just the thought of that made my mind go blank (sort of like my mouth falling open and nothing coming out of it). After all I had just spotted another headline about how boys were reaching puberty at earlier ages like girls here in the U.S. and whales are mammals too…
Then I read the article. Congratulations to Mommy Beluga at the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago, it’s a girl!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty good commentary. Kind of takes you on a rollercoaster ride of thought processes and returns you to the boarding point where you should have been in the first place. With the advent of social media, our lives are pretty much in a "fish bowl" anyway and like the Beluga, we often find ourselves in over our heads and exploring new depths. Thanks for the comic re-reef.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best score was in the 400's and more than making new friends it has brought me closer to ones that really matter. The book is an easy read and one of those books that has a story but also has pondering points, things you think about after the story is over. Good books are like that.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!