Friday, October 19, 2012


A Boston Scream in Waldo Florida!
So yesterday my travels south took me through Waldo, but not exactly straight through as I’d anticipated. Waldo is a notorious, Florida speed trap town. There are yellow strips across the tops of every speed limit sign informing drivers that speed limits are “Strictly Enforced!”(I am paraphrasing here by adding the exclamation point for emphasis). Maybe if the signs had exclamation points I would have paid more attention.
Add to that the speed limits go up and down (it seems like) every 30 feet so I’d need the ability to decelerate like Felix Baumgartner without a parachute in order to stay within them. Go figure!
A moving violation was the downside of the trip and a Boston Scream (the upside) was the result. Before you jump to conclusions, I am not from Boston and I didn't scream at the officer that (ex)cited me for speeding.  As I pulled my car over, I reviewed my strategies. My plan A, in this situation, weak attempts at humor and plan B, looking plainly pitiful, didn't get me out of the ticket. But I did get pulled over into the Dunkin’ Donuts parking lot, hence the upside of the stop, a delicious Boston Scream. I figured I deserved a sympathy sweet. The Boston Scream is Dunkin’ Donuts seasonal take on my favorite Boston Kreme filled chocolate-covered treat. Maybe next time I go through Waldo I’ll be prepared with plan C, a Boston Scream, in case I get stopped so I can fork over a different kind of dough. That’ll be the ticket! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!