Monday, October 21, 2013

Why I’m Swearing off Dunch and Linner

Kind of a long story here but let me begin by defining dunch and, or linner. Simply put these are meals that are a combination of dinner and lunch or lunch and dinner eaten at an in between time (good if at a restaurant because it is an off peak time) sometime well after your traditional lunch time and really earlier than your usual dinner time. Maybe I shouldn't swear them off completely because on Saturday after completing Ms. Pat’s Race for Grace (I ate half a banana and a couple of oranges worth of orange quarters) and the pancake breakfast it was definitely shower and naptime for me, hence our next meal was dunch and it was good. It held me over far enough into the evening to along with a small snack allow me to skip dinner and get to bed at my regular time, no problem. Why am I swearing it off then? Well maybe I should just swear off doing it two days in a row. Yesterday (since it is after midnight and officially Monday as I type this) we got on the road south to St. Pete later than we usually would so we opted for dashboard lining, I mean dining or dunching and when we got here we did a little dog walking and shopping and general chilling while the A/C did its thing (cooled down the house) so we could unpack and settle in. My husband suggested stopping to pick up subs that we could bring home and eat some and save the bigger part of for our next day’s lunch but I was in the mood for salad and suggested we go to the Ale House. Besides I didn’t mention that the house in St. Pete has no TV and I knew my husband would at least be able to catch up on all the Sunday Night Football scores and watch a little football there too. So now we come to the real reason I am up typing this blog instead of sleeping, one large order of onion rings with garlicky ranch bar-b-que dipping sauce that we split and an Asian Chicken Salad for each of us complete with Teriyaki chicken and spicy peanut sauce. And I (because of dunch and or linner) consumed all this way too close to my regularly scheduled bedtime. Of course this didn’t prevent me from toddling off to bed at the usual time because I did only to awaken to my husband’s version of Katy Perry’s, Roar, or in his case, You’re Gonna Hear Me Snore, with unsleepable acid indigestion which is obviously just a case of being unable to digest my late dinner in the horizontal position. So, even though I would be posting this really early (if we had wifi here, but that’s another story) no matter how late I sleep in in the morning, I’ll probably have raisin bran for lunch and skip dunch or linner all together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!