Monday, October 28, 2013

Microwave Mug Cake, the New Cupcake

After perusing a bunch of recipes for mug cakes, the new easy peezy lemon squeezy cup (literally) cake, we (my grandsons, Ethan and Jonas, and I) decided to give making some in the microwave a try. I got all the ingredients that I didn’t have on hand during my weekly trip to the commissary. The mug cakes required lots of measuring in tablespoons but many of the recipes are easy enough for kids to figure out and follow. Cooking them in the microwave made them pretty easy even though, be warned, the mug is hot coming out. Trial and error showed us that you don’t need the plastic dome over the cup because the cake needs space to rise, even when I followed the directions and had the mugs only half full. In our microwave the cake was springy to the touch (done) in just a minute, faster than it took to assemble and mix together the ingredients. The cake tasted good like cake should too and came out of the cup (and into my tummy) quickly and easily. We made chocolate (but there are recipes for all kinds out there-lemon included) and next time we’ll have some frosting or ice cream to go with it. Right now I am thinking about how much fun it would be to watch the grandkids make mug cakes during the Christmas holidays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!