Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Stinkfish
This kind of stinkfish is part of a game I used to play with my twin growing up in Chicago. I saw a stinkfish the other day (and took a photo) in St. Pete on my walk with Fred to what I like to call the 12th Street pooping place and seeing that stinkfish took me right back to that game. Of course I got a better look at the stinkfish on the way back from the pooping place since we were no longer under pressure, Fred’s business being completed and my business of bagging and proper disposal also completed. Somehow it seems preferable to me to see Fred do his business in the big grassy median (the pooping place) complete with a bagged poop receptacle (trash can) than in any of the neighbor’s yards.
But back to the game, it went like this…If you stepped in a section, we called the boxes, of sidewalk that had a concrete company stamp or what we called a stinkfish in it you were the stinkfish! Having no vehicle when we were kids living in the city meant we did a lot of walking, like to the A&P, Laundromat, school, and places like that. Playing stinkfish kept us entertained and moving along.

The stinkfish I spotted in St. Pete are trickier because they are in the center of the sidewalk box rather than near the perimeter like they are in Chicago. Fred won the game this time, probably because he was busy reading the p-mail in the grassy areas adjacent to the sidewalk and I was hurrying him along to the pooping place. But I’ll be on the lookout for the stinkfish next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!