Sunday, October 27, 2013

SPDRs, ETFs, and a Pumpkin!

Three ETFs to own until you die, is the headline I read on MSN and a couple of things came to my mind. First my mind’s eye saw ETF and read WTF (text talk for what the fiddlesticks!) and then I thought of the undead, you guessed it zombies when I saw the before you die part. It’s that time of year, I guess. I’ll get to the spider part eventually. So instead of reading beyond the headline I decided I needed to know WTF ETFs were. Go to Google (my usual go to) and lo and behold I saw SPDRs and found out that ETFs are Exchange Traded Funds. I don’t like anything about SPDRS and I had never heard of the kind without an I (most have a minimum of 8 eyes and legs too for that matter) so I figured that SPDRs would be my next Google search. SPDR stands for Standards & Poor Depository Receipts, a mini portfolio of stocks that are traded in the US. I fit the poor part so I figured maybe I should see WTF the ETFs are that I needed to own until I die (or turn into a Zombie). This took me back to the original headline and after looking further (I know, I could have done that in the first place) I found that the three ETFs are energy, consumer staples, and financial. Think BP or Mobil, toilet paper, and money, that’s how I put it together. Sometimes the last two in the list seem similar in value and I actually saw that a picture of money on the TP dispenser but that’s another story all together. For now I think I am going to ease up on the chocolate and caffeine combo and get busy carving a pumpkin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!