Sunday, October 6, 2013

Trip’s to St. Pete-Another Pleasant Surprise

Trip’s Diner had a big breakfast crowd on Saturday after my grand’s fun first T-Ball game and it is just one of the many things I find so pleasantly appealing about St. Pete. Happy places pop up all over and Trip’s Diner, located on 9th Street near 22nd Ave. N. (used to be Dave’s Diner) is one of them. A couple of things I should mention right off, they serve big strips of thick bacon cooked to perfection (for me that’s done well), and you can eat outside with the kids and/or your pet pooch. My husband’s father would have loved to have been able to bring his four legged friend, Lowdown, out for breakfast. There is extra parking across the side street at a closed garage and they needed it. The service was pleasant and fast. The prices and portions were reasonable. The wait staff use tablets of the electronic variety to take, send, and keep up with the orders and I liked that. I am also partial to the triangle shaped French toast especially with a dusting of powdered sugar and syrup. My over easy egg was perfectly fried and presented and the home fries were real potatoes sliced with the skins still on and onions cooked right in there with them. Okay I will admit to being a bit overly food focused but since I have been waiting to get the gas tank filled at the house this visit (and consequently making due with sandwiches and cereal) good hot food seemed even more appealing. They are open Monday through Friday 6 am to 9 pm and on Saturday 7 am to 9 pm and Sunday 7 am to 3 pm. 
Oh yeah, I’ll be going back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!