Friday, October 4, 2013

Putting in Putin for a Nobel Peace Prize
Once again SKYPE comes to the rescue with a bloggable moment. Here’s a snippet of my conversation with my husband from the other evening about a group that wants to see Vladimir Putin nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize.
[9:02 PM] A Mount: I read in the Moscow Times that his supporters have put him in for the Nobel Peace prize for his actions in Syria.
[9:02 PM] Jo Mount: Now that might be a bloggable topic.
[9:04 PM] A Mount: Yep. It also said it was time to stop U.S. and European aggression. Every time something happens, the U.S. and Europe always answer with military action instead of seeking a peaceful process and that those powers don't recognize the right of independent states to decide their own destiny without interference from those who have some kind of political or economic interest.
[9:05 PM] Jo Mount: Good point…..unless their destiny includes annihilation of fellow humans, children included with chemical weapons or worse.
[9:05 PM] A Mount: Truly a propaganda article but one that I'm sure could easily alter the perception of people who don't think or believe everything that they read.
Ok, enough on Putin, Syria, and the Nobel Peace Prize. Here is where things really get interesting…
[9:06 PM] Jo Mount: Do you think people believe everything they read in my blog??
[9:07 PM] A Mount: I think your blog is thought provoking. That's what makes it so interesting.
[9:08 PM] Jo Mount: I was thinking about IF you had said YES I would cut and paste that into tomorrow’s blog! I haven't had any of our SKYPE conversations in there in a while.
[9:08 PM] A Mount: Ahhh. I think your blog provides enough cranial impetus to make someone consider the potential of its veracity.
[9:09 PM] Jo Mount: That’s as close to a yes as I’m getting??

I’m thinking this is as close as I’m getting to my husband agreeing that I’m always right also, even in a roundabout way. He always goes for the big vocabulary when he thinks he might be quoted. This strategy gives him a rebuttable position if necessary. He definitely doesn't believe everything he reads in my blog or anywhere else. Neither should the Nobel Peace Prize election committee!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!