Tuesday, December 4, 2012


‘Shroomies or Fungi (fun guy) Roommates
Once again, SKYPE, (with my best ‘shroomie), came to my rescue and helped me come up with the topic for this blog.
[9:06 PM] Jo Mount: Looking forward to spending time with my favorite 'shroomie tomorrow! (Readers note: I am heading back to the Bahamas.) What do you think about Shroomies/Fungi-Shroommates as a blog topic?
[9:06 PM] A Mount: I love that idea....I dig it. Definitely a blog topic.
So here goes. There are several kinds of ‘shroomies.
In college I had two friends that were ‘shroomies and they could never get a pizza delivered because their names were Terry Peas and Paul Harvey. The pizza place always figured the call was a prank. They would ask for the name for the order and when Terry gave his name they would laugh and ask for his roommate’s name. When he told them Paul Harvey (I know this dates me) they would say “good night!” and hang up. Inevitably Paul and Terry would come over and have my roommate or I place the order for them, which worked out pretty well for us because we liked pizza! I guess they wouldn't have this problem today because they could always order their pizza on line and thanks to caller ID, who is calling can be more easily verified.
In college I lived in the “coed dorm” a somewhat new idea back then, called Watterson Towers. The towers were like a big vegomatic in the skyline with more than 20 floors each. Every five floors were a house named for one of the first ten secretaries of state of the United States and each house alternated between male and female students, hence the coed designation. I lived in Madison.
This brings me to the next type of ‘shroomie. This time I mean the fungi with benefits. Even back when I was in college there were some (girls with a fungi for a ‘shroomie, informally, of course) although they didn't seem as commonly acceptable until after the sitcom, Three’s Company came along in 1976. For the girls I knew back then, it was get the guy out and hide the evidence if their parents were coming to visit on a weekend. It doesn't seem like such a big deal today. I married my fungi and look forward to spending time with him whenever I can. Of course he’s been my fungi for over 30 years so there is that.
The last ‘shroomie I write to warn you about is the poison fungi. It’s important to be cautious about choosing just any of the fungus among us as your ‘shroomie. Poisonous fungi look just like regular fun guys but as we all know looks can be deceiving, so take time to find out if a fungi is right for you so you can avoid a toxic relationship. 
Now more SKYPE….
[9:29 PM] A Mount: they just hired a guy here named Google.
[9:30 PM] Jo Mount: Interesting. What's he do?
[9:31 PM] Arnold Mount: He's a new guy just hired.
I’m saving that for a future blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!