Sunday, December 16, 2012


Lordy, Lordy, the Christmas Countdown Continues!
10 Lords a Leaping!
This morning I made one of my infamous lists of blog topics to cover today and all the rest of the days until Christmas and I discovered that I do not have to combine the Lords a Leaping with Ladies Dancing after all. I am happy to say my countdown is back on track since I made this list, and I am no longer leaping to conclusions. Did you know that this year like all Presidential Election years is a leap year?
Other than the 10 Lords a Leaping, the only other leaper here is our dog, Fred. He leaps up at the trunks of the pine trees in our back yard in an attempt to snare any of the squirrels that so nimbly make their getaways up the same pine tree trunks and then perch on a branch above and scold him for trying. Maybe if Fred didn't have to leapfrog over a half a dozen chickens he’d be fast enough to catch one of the squirrels. All I know is that Fred is persistent. He keeps trying. Fred is a rat terrier-chihuahua mix (hails from the local Wal-Mart barking lot) and when he’s not leaping around the back yard he has been known to get extra practice by leaping onto our dining room table when you leave the room to sample any part of your breakfast you may have left unattended. I wouldn't mind it so much if he would just put a few correct numbers on the Sudoku for me. It would be great to come back from the bathroom and find that Fred had given me some help on that. But alas, no joy and I didn't really need the extra biscuit anyway. At least Fred doesn't drink coffee. Some mornings really do require a leap of faith (Sunday’s, in particular).
There’s just one more thing that keeps leaping out at me, I am still not done with my Christmas shopping. Leaping lizards! Where is Daddy Warbucks when I need him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!