Saturday, December 15, 2012


Count Down-11 Days ‘til Christmas
Okay I realize my hope for a white Christmas in South Georgia is just a pipe dream but still I figured I would use my blog to pipe up about the white stuff (snow). It is one of the forces of nature that makes Christmas, well Christmas-y. I also realize that my countdown is off and if I continue to pipe up on the 12 days of
11 Pipers Piping
Christmas, one day at a time, I won’t finish till after Christmas, because today is the 15th and 25-15=10 (not 11). So now I am considering combining the Lords and Ladies or some of the birds closer to the end of the countdown (or the beginning of the song), but I’ll try not to confuse myself and end this train of thought. I am chalking this business with the countdown being off up to bad planning on my part.
The above is the part of today’s blog that I wrote before the terrible news of the killings of kindergartners and others in Connecticut unfolded. I have “liked” all the prayers and hugs on Face Book and in some places inserted some “comments” of my own. But being in kindergarten last year added a personal aspect for me and a cold white blanket of Christmas-y snow will serve only to cover the raw, open wound torn from all of our hearts by this inexplicable act, not numb it or heal it. I hope that while we all pull together to pray and hug we also find a way to open a dialogue about the causes of these kinds of tragedies that keep occurring with more frequency. It’s complicated and will require an ongoing conversation followed by action because despite all of our differences we must work together to find a way to prevent things like this from happening again and again. So we can heal…’tis the season…something’s got to give.

2 comments:

  1. and while we pray for these horrible losses and their families, let us also pray that those who manifest these acts of evil be deterred from committing these acts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of prayers and shared outrage over this, but there must be action in order for change to occur. It isn't enough to say or hope or pray that something like this won't happen in our own communities. Who can we look to for help?

      Delete

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!