Wednesday, December 26, 2012


Obstreperous
Obstreperous is a word I read used to describe someone like Donald Trump.  I think many a divorced husband or unhappily dumped boyfriend might use it to describe their exes also. Obstreperous is defined as marked by unruly or aggressive noisiness and/or stubborn resistance to control. The only thing controllable for the Don seems to be his bad comb over. Money and business savvy aside, I think obstreperousness is an ingrained personality trait in Trump’s case as is evidenced by his political nonsense this election year. Some other obstreperous types may feel free to disagree with me and that’s okay because as far as thinking Trump’s behavior is obstreperous, well that’s just my opinion.
But closer to home, in my own backyard actually, there are some obstreperous goings on occurring daily. As soon as any movement, however quiet or slight, in the house is detected by my cat, Sherbie, he goes to caterwauling (a word according to the dictionary as synonymous with obstreperous) at the door demanding his breakfast. I believe with all his obstreperousness that the word caterwauling may have even been invented just to describe my Sherb! He stubbornly persists until a scoop of cat food appears in his dish outside the door. Then when the sun comes up my hens (no rooster in my flock) also come obstreperously to my door complaining with a worried drawn out chicken, “Ohhhh.” The funny thing about this is it seems like when one girl stops another takes up the call so it’s continuous (and obstreperous) until I come out and throw some scratch around. It’s the most noise they make (with the exception of announcing when they lay an egg) all day. Makes the start of each day for me, well, pretty obstreperous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!