Thursday, December 6, 2012


Making a List-Checking it Twice
Maybe I should make a list of email addresses in a file and then just copy it and paste it in one or two clicks when I send out my blog every morning instead of typing each address out, a process that takes almost as long as writing the blog itself since I’m a two fingered typist! My husband calls it making a group file. I think about doing this every day and then I don't do it. I just move on.
I am a list maker however. I have a running grocery list that I use to keep track of the things we’re out of (like ketchup and toilet paper-necessities) so I can get them when I go to the commissary. I have a food log in which I keep a list of the things I eat each day and what exercise I do to cancel out the occasional treat. I also like to make a list of the tasks I accomplish during the day. I find such lists about house cleaning tasks particularly telling by the end of the day even though all I really need to do is look around to see how much (or little) housework I've done. I have a dry erase calendar on my refrigerator that lists the days I am gone to the Bahamas, Palm Shores, or St. Pete, birthdays, and grandkids school plays or sporting events (and Spaghetti Nights). If I’m not in the house when you come over you can use the list to figure out where I am. I also have a running Honey Dew list. Frequently I find myself completing the tasks on it but I do save some for when my Honey is home, like fixing one of my clotheslines when a tree limb took it down. For those special occasions I usually go get everything for the job (a new plastic pulley and line) from the local hardware store in advance to improve my chances for striking the completed job from the Honey Dew list. It’s better than keeping a Honey Didn't list!
And of course I often plan my day with the traditional to do list. So today I plan to do things a little differently…I am going to add making a list and checking it twice to my to do list!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's a teacher thing. Do you write the titles on a calendar to see how many books you read in a year? Have you ever used one of those old lesson plan books to keep track of the tasks accomplished? Ever give yourself stickers and stars? Too much chalk dust?

    ReplyDelete

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!