Saturday, September 6, 2014

Teacher Shoots Self in Class

It’s way too early in the school year for the teacher to be feeling like this, was my first thought accompanied by a sarcastic chuckle to my retired educator self when I saw this headline on MSN. Then I clicked on it and saw that a professor’s handgun accidentally discharged in his pocket which resulted in a bullet wound to his foot. There is a lesson here about guns in schools. At first I typed -They don’t belong there. - But specifically speaking I mean this - Guns don’t belong in schools! The gun in this case was a semi-automatic, the school Idaho State University, and there is a law that allows concealed weapons to be carried on campus. The professor was treated for the gunshot wound at a local hospital and released. He may yet face charges of firing a gun within the city limits. I’m not sure that’s enough for what I consider a danger not only to his own foot but to all the others at the university, discharging a gun in a school. Guns don’t belong in schools, period.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!