Saturday, September 20, 2014

ABL

I’m in the Bahamas, it’s storming like crazy, and nothing but football’s on TV so what do I do? Read through an old AARP magazine where I saw an ad for the Butterfly for people with ABL. I must’ve been a bit “behind” the times in phonic representations because I had no idea that it stood for
Accidental Bowel Leakage. That’s not just a “bad crack.” It is an actual condition where incontinence (of the bowel) is experienced due to a variety of maladies including but not limited to irritable bowel syndrome, diarrhea, or injury and it’s purported that some types of sweeteners and even caffeine can induce springing an embarrassing leak. Additionally, as you get older, you can lose muscle tone which can result in being labeled with the term “old fart.” I can only imagine going to the doctor and being told to exercise your asshole and going home and telling my husband to start doing pushups! For those with that condition, there is hope – well actually a little more than hope. There is a product for those who are losing their grip and comes complete with adhesive to make it stick or “hold it” in place. Originally, I was mystified as to why that particular name for a product butt I was able to “hash” it out – butt-er-fly, kind of let-‘er-fly. No more worries, you can feel comfortable in your “passing” and let-‘er-fly with no fear of being labeled as a stain on the underpants of society.

1 comment:

  1. This was a simple way to get "behind" in my reading. If it was winter, I might want to think about the song "Blue Moon" as "back"ground music. Would this be considered putting a "plug" in for a product?

    ReplyDelete

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!