Thursday, September 25, 2014

FL’s Purported Ten Most Boring Places
Since I’ll be driving through the state on my way home today, I figured I’d mention these with an extra word or two at least for the ones I’ve been to anyway, the purported ten most boring places in Florida. Counting down from number 10, I’ll start with Pinellas Park adjacent to St. Petersburg. It is pretty boring and my most memorable experience (albeit a negative one) there was when I taught half day kindergarten (private school) more than thirty years ago. I had a student that bit another student and when I reported this bit of misbehavior to his mother she punched me. Needless to say the boy got his anger issues honestly and that was the last day of kindergarten for him at that particular school. In the end there was a police report filed about the incident but no charges pursued and even though the mother wanted to take me outside and finish this, she was prevented from doing so. On the positive side, Pinellas Park has a mall with a Five Guys, so there is that.
Number 9 is Titusville. I enjoyed a stay with the grandkids at the campground there. My favorite part was when my grandkids had a séance (rhymes with Beyoncé) after dark. As they were sitting on a circle of logs my son Chris came staggering out of the woods and into the circle completely zombi-fied. A lot of screaming by the grandkids ensued alongside a lot of chuckling by my grown children, their parents, and me. All this was then followed up by the roasting of marshmallows and making of s’mores so although for many, Titusville may be boring, it holds some pretty good memories for me.
Number 8 is The Villages, an age restricted census-designated place, in Lake County, FL, near Orlando. I have traveled through central Florida but if I went through or near The Villages I have no recollection. That might be an indicator of how boring they might be but maybe now that I am restricted by age, I could always revisit.
Number 7, Deltona, I think I've seen an exit for off 95 for it but I may be confusing it with Daytona. In any case I've never been even slightly tempted to turn off at either for a restroom break or gas.

Numbers 6, Village of Wellington, 5, City of Northport, 4, Riverview, 3, City of Apopka, 2, City of Palm Bay (also off the interstate), and 1, Poinciana, might be boring too. I don’t actually know for sure but then I don’t always believe everything I read on the internet either. If ever I find myself in any of these places you can expect I’ll let you know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!