Saturday, September 13, 2014

Defy Superstitions Day
Today is Defy Superstitions Day so I figured I’d look into a few superstitions and mostly add my take on them. Here goes…
I don’t care for any superstitions that require spitting, too nasty. I’m ok with knocking on wood and avoiding walking under ladders. I am not fond of broken mirrors or broken glass in general unless it’s sea glass (that’s my favorite). I like cats, black ones included, so I have no fear of them crossing my path. The jury (of one-that’s me) is still out on the sailor’s superstition about no women on board unless they’re naked women. I’m for a skinny dip now and then but I don’t like to think clothed women on boats are automatically bad luck.

But the newest superstition I've learned about (yep, I am adopting this one for sure) is the one where you never set your purse on the floor because if you do your money will jump out…that explains a lot of things to me about my own personal fiscal responsibility so this superstition is a perfect fit for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!