Monday, August 18, 2014

Twitch

Today I admit that I don’t get the attraction of video games, period. I have seen my grandsons completely enthralled with them so I know the attraction is powerful. I have even watched the boys make their own videos of themselves playing a game and afterward put it on You Tube. I've seen them watching other videos of other players on there too. So today I was reading (something I don’t see the grandsons do very often) about Twitch, something that allows one to stream live video of oneself (usually playing a video game) over the internet. There is even a live chatroom that accompanies the video and adds to its apparent appeal. So Twitch has been gaining steadily in popularity since its launch in 2011 and it isn't as much about actually playing the games as it is about watching other people play. I don’t get that, millions of viewers tuning in to just watch, not play… Nevertheless if you are a player and have Xbox One or PlayStation 4 you can stream your games at a push of a button and with a webcam you can add your face to your video too and become a Twitch celebrity because watching games has become as popular as playing them! Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us about your best Words with Friends score, about a new friend you have made through the game, your thoughts about PLAY on words or even just a simple note saying hello.

Play on Words Again on Amazon

Play on Words Again on Amazon
Take a sneak peak!